Friday, July 21, 2006

Roses, submission and collars


Where do I start, lets start with roses, red roses are the symbol of love, but I much prefer a different colour rose, I prefer white roses. They are a symbol of submission to me.

Why?

Let me explain.

I liken the journey of submission to the life of a rose. A rose starts life as a tight protective fragile bud. As a rose grows in strength it is supported, nurtured, fed by a strong, sturdy stem, and as it grows its petals slowly open and unfurl. Yet even in full bloom, they need the help of that sturdy stem to keep them at their best for the world. Together the rose and its stem are strong, yet alone the rose would be fragile, and the stem would be worthless.

A submissives journey starts with the sub closed and ready for the nurturing and guidance, and over time as that is given, the sub blossoms. Each step opening like the rose does, until its in full glorious bloom, held proud by the Dominants support.
Without the rose, the stem has no role, without the stem, the rose would not grow and bloom.

So the cycle of Domme and sub is formed, one needs the other to make the perfect partnership. The Ying/Yang energy flow of BDSM.

It was interesting ordering a single white rose for fade on our first anniversary; after all single roses are usually red ;) One given for each year we are together, a symbol of growth.

Yes, I am a romantic. I believe all relationships need some romance as a balance to survive. I enjoy the soft, romantic times just as much as the intense moments all relationships have.

Most of all, I enjoy watching a submissive grow, gaining confidence in their abilities, knowing that I have helped them along the way to being a whole, complete person who accepts their submission, and embraces it.

I was asked what a collar meant to me.

As a Domme, a collar singles a lifetime commitment to the sub, a sign of love and ownership. For me it represents a commitment to love, care for, to guide and nurture.

It means that I love them, that I accept them for who and what they are, yet want to help them become a more fulfilled person. Its shows I am proud to own them for them, and to show the world they are worth something. It means I will give them comfort and support whenever its needed, even though they have a strength of their own. My role is to make them feel sheltered and secure, yet free to grow and develop as their own person, as well as with me.

And in return, it means they love me for who I am, and what I strive to be. Relationships are never easy, it takes work from all parties to achieve happiness.
For me, its a serious real life commitment, much like marriage, one which I would not give up easily.

1 comment:

Dream` said...

I was chatting to someone about this post, and they shared their views on what a collar is to them, I wanted to post there here for you all to see too.

"i think of the collaring as less of a pyshical thing but more of a spiritual thing, you dont have to have a collar to be collared... as long as both are happy and secure... no collar is ever really needed becuase it allready exists in the heart. All a collar is a symbol of that commitment and it dosnt have to be a collar... could be a ring, a band, even something simple. *smiles* thats the way i see a collar, just as a loose term for something very deep and beautiful... although like any sub i want/need that collar and to wear it proudly."

Thank you for sharing that :)